1. The name of the association shall be the HILL PLOTHOLDER'S ASSOCIATION.
2. The objects of the Association shall be the conduct and management of the plots on the Hill Allotment site at Sutton Coldfield.
3. Membership of the Association shall be confined to Plotholder tenants on the Hill Allotment Site who are automatically members of the Hill Plotholder's Association.
4. A committee of plotholders shall be appointed at a general meeting or annual general meeting of the Association which shall be held on a date to be approved at the previous AGM. The committee may co-opt additional members if required. Such co-opted members shall not have voting rights.
5. As soon as practical after the meeting appointing the committee, the committee shall meet and appoint from its’ number the following officers, namely, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. A Show Secretary, Site Maintenance Officer and Health & Safety Officer will be appointed or co-opted. A quorum for this and any other committee meetings shall be over half of the full committee, of whom 2 shall be officers.
6. The tenure of membership of the committee shall be for a period of 3 years and on retirement committee members shall be eligible for re-election.
7. The tenure of an officer of the Association shall be for a period of 1 year and on retirement officers shall be eligible for re-election.
8. The committee is hereby authorised to open and operate Bank or Building Society accounts in the name of the Association. The mandate to operate the accounts will be vested in the officers of the Association and the signatures of the Treasurer and one other officer will be required on all cheques or withdrawals from the account. The Association will maintain the usual records of accounts which will be presented to the Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) of the Association for approval. These accounts may be inspected by any plotholder on request, by mutual agreement on timing.
9. The committee is hereby authorised to conduct negotiations with Birmingham City Council as to the management of the plots on the Hill Allotment Site in accordance with the agreement between the Association and the Council.
10. On the dissolution of the Association any funds of the Association not payable to the Birmingham City Council shall be paid to the members of the Hill Plotholder's Association.
11. This constitution was approved at the Annual General Meeting of the plotholders of Hill Allotment Site on the 11th day of November 1993. Any amendments to this constitution shall be made by resolution of the members of the Association at an Annual General Meeting of the association.
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association February 2001
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association February 2004
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association February 2005
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association October 2005
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association October 2007
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association November 2010
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association November 2012
Amended at the A.G.M. of the Association November 2015